Sunday, November 20, 2011

Visible Panty Line

Friday morning on my way to work, people were calling in on the radio to discuss this article on CollegeCandy.com, "The 10 Types of Underwear Every Woman Needs," and it got me thinking...what are the essentials? 


What you wear underneath your clothes can be just as important as what you wear on top.  I mean, no one wants VPL (Visible Panty Line)!  True story: When I was in high school, I told my mom it looked like she had 4 butt cheeks!  

The solution here is simple: either wear a thong or a pair of undies that are designed not to show underneath your clothes (Calvin Klein's have been highly recommended for this purpose).  One of the most comfortable thongs are from Hanky Panky.  Celebs have sworn that they are the only thongs comfortable enough to wear while pregnant!  Having never tested this theory myself, I will just have to trust that pregnant women know what they're talking about!  Plus, the line is so darn cute that you will literally love wearing them!  They even have a Collegiate line, so you can show some team spirit right down to your skivie's!  A tip I got from watching one too many episodes of America's Next Top Model is that every model that goes on a go-see should be wearing a nude thong.  Real life translation:  The nude thong ensures that you will be able to wear anything on top without looking like you have "4 butt cheeks" and without being able to see the color of your underwear through your clothes.


Spanx are another essential undergarment that every woman should own!  Celebs swear by them to get them ready for the red carpet.  While they are not the most attractive thing to be seen in, they smooth over every bump and make a woman's curves seamless. They even have a line out for men!


Another item I think is absolute GENIUS is the Miss Oops JAKs.  Worn over jeans and under tops, it looks like a tank top underneath your shirt.  It prevents crack attack because we all know Crack is Whack (I couldn't help myself)!  The brand also makes Boob Tubes and several other female emergency products--hello Show Stoppers


One thing you may or may not have already thought about is whether or not to wear underwear as outerwear.  Celebs like Anne Hathaway, Blake Lively and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley have been giving us quite a chic eyeful on the red carpet lately, and quite frankly I love it!



In these photos, the celebs have chosen to bare all in a sheer dress or skirt, but you can also choose to wear a sheer shirt if you are a little too timid for this trend.  



I don't know about you, but completely baring it all is a little to risque for my day-to-day life.  I mean, where would you wear this?  To the grocery store?  That would cause quite a commotion at the check-out line...  That being said, there is a way to tone the look down while still playing into the trend.  Think more about layering than showing off your bra and undies.  I mean, seeing just a peek of a lacy bralette underneath a white button down or v-neck sweater would be just sexy enough.  I also like the idea of catching just a glimpse of an outrageous colored bra underneath a black dress or shirt.  Or try wearing a corset style top with a pencil skirt and cardigan or even a sheer blouse on top.  The key is to keep the pieces elegant and tasteful and only show a little at a time.  No granny panties or cartoon underwear please!  Save those for laundry day!


For more inspiration, be sure to catch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on CBS Tuesday, November 29th!

1 comment:

  1. LOL not really feeling this trend - I think these ladies can do so much better with sheer and lace :)

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete